Note: This event has passed. See below for photos and information about the artists who participated in the event.
About the Event:
To continue the work of learning about our shared past to create a future where everyone thrives, we invite you to join us for an art showcase, reception, and panel discussion on Tuesday, October 24 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Historic Lyric Theater in Miami, FL. The event is free to attend and all ages are welcome.
We will explore how advocacy takes the form of culturally impactful art and data-driven policy research to shape a brighter, more equitable Sunshine State. The showcase will highlight art that connects to policy, history, racial equity, a vision of shared prosperity, or other themes from The Florida Timeline. The panel discussion will bring together artists and policy analysts to share their perspectives on the past, the present, and future of our policy decisions.
Join us for an evening of art and advocacy to:
- Enjoy light food and drinks.
- Support and buy local art.
- Learn how artists use the power of art to educate, communicate, and create positive change.
- Learn more about The Florida Timeline, with a focus on education and worker justice policy areas.
- Be in community with advocates and partners committed to learning from our past to shape a better future.
Thank you to our event sponsor, Allegany Franciscan Ministries.
Post Event Information:
We appreciate all the speakers, panelists, artists, and audience members who contributed to making this event truly special, with some of them featured in the photos below.
Artists who participated in the showcase include:
- Ana Rodriguez (Nitastrokes): Website – Instagram
- Eddie Arroyo: Website – Instagram
- Marvin Weeks: Website – Instagram
- Nerissa Street: Website – Instagram
- Taylor Jancetic (ChromeC0): Website – Instagram
Select images to enlarge. Select back arrow to exit enlarged view.